Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Kit Kat Cake 2.0

Pin It Now!

OK!! The cake turned out AMAZING!! It was a HUGE hit with the family! We made a few changes as you can see. 1) Ours is rectangle instead of round which I thought made it super easy to apply the kit kat bars. 2) we used white kit kat bars instead of chocolate because we wanted ours to resemble a picket fence. 3) we used all green mint m&m's which I wasn't too sure about at first but with the chocolate cake it worked out awesome! We used one box of devils food cake in a 13x9 pan and cut it in half, then we trimmed the edges to size and stacked them on top of each other. If you use the white kit kats use white frosting behind them or it will look like a very dirty picket fence, and that's just not all that appealing.( to me at least) The flowers I made out of the card stock punch outs you can buy huge packs of them in different colors for scrapbooking. And the stems were just two straws cut in half. This was super easy to make and very good to eat!If you have a flower/garden lover (like my mom) I suggest trying this cake out, it was awesome! Feel free to comment with any questions!

No comments:

Post a Comment